Saturday, December 16, 2006

Yeah I finally actually got something finished. I made these Christmas ornaments for each family member that we will be spending Christmas with this year. I had fun once again combining my two loves; quilting and stamping!
The tree pattern is a design by Carol Doak. It is paper piecing which is a block piecing technique which I really enjoy for its ease and precision. Rather than stuffing the ornament I choose to do it like I do my fabric postcards using a stiff fusible interfacing. I stamped the back with year and a sentiment and decorated the front with Swarovski crystals and metallic thread. The edges are overcast with a heavy thread and then I hot glued the star on top with a gold cord hanger. The only problem is I forgot to make myself one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute ornaments! Isn't it great how we combine our loves when it comes to crafts and come up with some really beautiful and uniqe things? It's good to have you back online, Suzanne. I read your comment on my Blog with pleasure. You must try looking at Daring Cardmakers sometime - they have challenges every week and because the group is small, it is easier to get to 'know' people. I still love SCS, but DCM is fast becoming a real favourite of mine. So glad you liked my album - I had so much fun making it. It is on its way to my DS now as part of his Christmas present. Trust your Christmas will be a blessed one and that 2007 is a wonderful year fro you and your family :-)
Susan

Anonymous said...

GREAT ornaments....haven't made those ones for awhile. Should make a list for next year!!!
Wishing you a FABULOUS holiday season & all the best in 2007!!!