Wednesday, May 06, 2009

COLLAGE CARD

This is actually an older card that I made quite some time ago, but it's been hanging around in my photos for the web long enough and so I decided to feature it today.

This is a style card that I find very difficult to do. Especially to do well. It's a one dimensional and one media collage. I used all different line drawn stamps and randomly stamped the images around the water color paper. All the stamps I used are Stampin' Up and most if not all are retired ones. Then I added some color using my watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. I think I may have been a bit too heavy handed with the color and a simple wash of color would have been more effective.

The card needed some dimensional element it was just too flat so I wrapped some hemp twine around the watercolor paper (after roughing up the edges) and attached a tag by hanging it off the hemp with a piece of hodge podge hardware. and placed brads from the same hodge podge hardware set. This unit was then mounted on a black card base. When I use black card stock for card basis I often place a piece of white cardstock that is sponged in a coordinating color from the front of the card or basic grey ink. I always do this if I am selling the card. If I am making the card to use myself I use a white ink pen to write my message and sign the inside.

That's it for today. Tomorrow is a day off work and I am trying to decide how messy I want to get. GinaK's technique today on Stamp TV is the shaving cream technique. I've never tried this but just may give it a try....it can also be used to lay color down on fabric so I can get a two fer' if I master it.

Thanks for stopping by. Please come back again!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Very cool distressed look!!! I like the tag with the hardware...that's a great idea!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! This is fantastic! I love vintage!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This looks terrific, Suzanne. You're one clever card maker!

Thanks so much for your comments on my log. I am looking forward to seeing the cards you will upload to PaperCraftCentral.com when you can :)

I hope all is well with you and your family. Sadly we lost my MIL last weekend and she has been sick for awhile so I have been kinda quiet with blogging etc, but I'm back now too.

See you again soon!