Thursday, November 19, 2009

NO REAL GLASS BUT SOME CRACKED GLASS

Life continues on its wild coaster ride. Twists and turns and bumps in the road. I thank God for time to spend in creative pursuits. Sometimes in the craziness of life it isall that keeps me sane.

At the moment I am spending more time in quilting pursuits than paper crafts, but that is because I have been helping out at the local quilt shop during some special events and sales they have been holding. This involve the "terrible" task of having to spend 4 hours a day looking at and touching absolutely gorgeous fabric. AND also seeing what wonderful combinations customers come up with for their projects or simply their stash.

I have a card here that I have not yet shown. It makes use of a technique I've heard about in many different forums over the past few years but I never got up the courage to try it until a recent video tutorial on GinaK's StampTV site. She made it look and sound so easy that I had to try it. The name of the technique is Cracked Glass. I think I have also heard it referred to as Cracked Ice.

I love the stamp set I used for this card. It is a retired Stampin' Up set called Illuminations. All the papers and inks I used were also SU as well as the Ribbon and hardware. The backgound die cut was made with SU's Top Notes die and the oval is from one of my Nestabilities sets.

I like the way the card tuned out but I do have to say though this is not a particularly difficult technique it can get messy if you are not careful with embossing powder going every where and even can be painful if you are once again not careful with the melted embossing powder before it cools. Please don't ask me to wxplain how I know these things...........

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Suzanne- this card is lovely- such beautiful colors!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is stunning, Suzanne. Glad you found the time to try this technique - it looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Why do I know about your blog? Part due to the random, partly because Facebook has brought me to your blog. I found your blog very nice and why you do not use Facebook to search for or share. I think you should register a facebook account to let people find your blog great. Sign up for Facebook here . If you already have a facebook account then, please sign in to see your blog I found how. Facebook login here. This is my blog : Blog for you