Sunday, February 11, 2007



This week is that wonderful week for love. Valentine's Day is Wednesday. Here is just a sampling of some of the cards I've made for family and friends. The pink one was especially fun as I tried a new technique. The "Love" and the heart are stamped with "craft" ink (pigment ink) on a melted crayon background. to make this background I had to cover the sole plate of my iron with aluminum foil. When it was heated I rubbed crayons onto the foil. They immediately melted and then I pressed the iron onto plain white cardstock. It was a bit messy and you need to be careful to not end up with muddy colors, but it was fun. One warning though don't use a box of crayons that you ever plan to color with again!

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Hi Suzanne, what gorgeous Valentine cards you have made... love those kissy lips... ;o)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I'm with Gillian! They are great cards and I love the sound of this technique with crayons!!