Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Life Is......

Here is the wall quilt I finished this week. It was a result of a quilting group challenge (the same group that did the Faces challenge). For this challenge we were all given the pattern for the bowl and had to create a wall quilt that had the bowl filled with something that was meaningful to me. I was working on the design for my quilt last spring when my husband and I were making plans for our summer vacation and I spent a lot of time thinking of just how much I love to travel. So my bowl is filled with "travel dreams". I actually have quilted into the light blue background, which is a cloud fabric "My life is a bowl of travel dreams". It was a fun challenge. I chose to place my bowl floating in the clouds and it is surrounded by grapes and patches showing Italian and French wine bottles. To help with the dreamy quality if the quilt is is quilted with a shimmery thread and has a sparkle in the blue binding fabric. Everything was done on the sewing machine.

A wonderful side note to this project is that I now actually have something completed for our guilds 2008 show next April!

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I love the grapes. Italy is my dream place to go and I have my kitchen decorated with grapes and vinyard type colors. Beautiful job!

snaphappy said...

That is GORGEOUS!!!

My daughter's 3rd grade class does a quilt project that will be entered in a competition at the Montgomery County fairgrounds in April . . . same competition as yours?

Lee said...

Suzanne it's fantabulous!!! What a cool idea for a quilt!! You better keep us posted about that contest!!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What lovely work, as always! Hope you are getting some rest with all the craft work you are doing!