Wednesday, September 09, 2009

TIME FOR A DIFFERENT STYLE

Once again I have need for sympathy cards. I think there must be something connected here with the age I and my peers have entered into...........So far at least most of the cards have been for parents of friends and not friends themselves. I guess that will be the next stage.

But enough of that talk. This card makes heavy use of white and gold with just a touch of black as the layer between the two brushed gold scalloped rectangles. I used my Scor Pal to emboss the lines a little over halfway down the front of the card stock. Using the ribbon helps hide the slightly uneven ends of the score lines.

The ribbon is a piece from my stash. No idea where from??? All the card stock is Stampin' Up. I especially love their brushed gold card stock. The inks and Gold Embossing Powder is also from SU. The stamps used are from Papertrey. I can't right at the moment remember the name of the set.

For as easy as this card was to make I really like the way it turned out.

I just checked on Papertrey's site. The stamp set used is Everyday Blessings.

2 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That's so lovely, Suzanne. The sentiment gets me. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's parent. I feel the same - our turn is a comin' so we had best be prepared to meet our Maker. XX

Teresa said...

This card is gorgeous!

I just want to say that I am so happy to see you posting again regularly- I hope this means that you are feeling better, or at least that medically, things are under control.