Friday, January 08, 2010

CURRENTLY KWILTIN'

The end of November found me working back at a quilt shop. I think I mentioned in my previous post that I will be teaching classes. This means I need class samples. The first was the placemat in the post before this. My second class, assuming people sign up will be a Double Irish Chain Quilt. The making of the model for this class took me the week following Christmas. It has been quite a while since I have made a quilt of this size. Most of what I have done the past few years have been baby quilt size or smaller. Here it is.


I am very happy with how it turned out and I couldn't have finished it in the time I did without my mothers help. I now remember the main reason I do baby quilts or smaller is there is so much less bulk to manipulate while doing the quilting. This quilt was from a book written years ago by Eleanor Burns. She labeled it a lap quilt. I think she must know people with very large laps. In my estimation it is a twin quilt.

No that this quilt is complete and hanging on the wall at Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg, MD I will look for my next quilting project, but I also do want to get back to some stamping. Now that the holidays are behind us hopefully I will find some free time to get back up to the stamp room.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

You always impress me with your quilting, Suzanne. This time is no exception. I am so amazed that you and your mother could get this one finished so quickly as well. Wow! It's really gorgeous. Have a great time doing your classes - I know they will love you and your work.

I hope you are safe and warm in the cold winter I know you are having. We keep seeing pictures of how bad it is in the northern hemisphere and it is such a contrast as we have the air con cranked up to the max due to the extra heat we are getting this summer....amazing world we live in.