Saturday, January 23, 2010

Had a special birthday card to make so actually got some stamping done. Not happy with the photo but trust me it looks quite nice in real life!

I finally got around to using my cupcake die cut from Stampin' Up. It's really fun. I embossed the Bravo Burgundy cardstock with a Cuttlebug folder to give it some texture before I cut it out. I really liked how it turned out. The sprinkles on the cupcake are little sparkly diecuts that already had adhesive on them. I really didn't want to fuss with having to glue down the dots from the SU die cut; the candles and flames where tricky enough for my arthritic fingers. SO thanks Marnie for the Christmas present odds and ends.....that's where my sprinkles came from!

Other than this card I am now into some serious quilting as I begin to prepare for this years guild Quilt Show in April. Soon I will have some pictures of what I am working on right now it is all in pieces. By tomorrow there should be something worth sharing.

3 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That is one sweet card!

RA - now I know what it is. We don't have an acronym like that for it over here. My mother has it and my DHs mother had it. Mom still crafts - does cross stitch and so on. She has bad days too but the medication helps. Before she was treated she couldn't do nearly as much.

I hope your Dr can work out a good solution for you too. Take care.

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!!! Love that cupcake!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Suzanne if you ever want it, my email addy is hurleyluke AT stevens DOT net DOT au