Sunday, November 28, 2010

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS

Thanksgiving is over which means though the calendar says it's still fall the season says its time to get ready for winter and Christmas.  Here is a new Christmas card I made last week.  The layout is quite simple, but I think it needed to be simple to highlight the background I created.

For the background I used my Cuttlebug and the snowflake embossing folder.  In order to get a nice deep embossed image I used GinaK's heavyweight (120lb) white card stock.  The debossed image became the right side of my background.  This was so I could roll the blue ink over the cardstock using my hard rubber brayer. You can't tell in the picture, but the while layer behind the snowflakes layer has the edges painted with icicles stickles to give the sparkle of new snow when the sun shines on it.  I colored the snowman and birds with my copics and added liquid applique to the hat brim and pompom.

It was a fun card to do and really not all that difficult.

2 comments:

TB said...

Really nice!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That's a cute card, Suzanne. Thank you for your concern. The floods have been devastating and it will take the CBD about 2 1/2 years to be restored properly. About 20,000 homes and businesses were inundated along the Brisbane River. They are covered in thick, smelly river mud. Ugh. We were in a high area and did not get flooded but the effects are everywhere. Our local shopping centre was awash, fro example - as was the bank, the Dr surgery etc. Everyone is helping and I am doing some fundraising, and we will all bounce back.

XX