Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Still Crazy, But Taking Time


I think I have given up on life slowing down any and I'm just going to make sure that each day I take time for either sewing or stamping. Yesterday I made time for a card and several 6x6 scrapbook pages, which I will deal with in a later post. The card I made is one that I would have preferred not to have to do as it is the above sympathy card. It was for a very special quilting friend whose husband unexpectedly died of a heart attack on Sunday. As much as I don't really like having to make sympathy cards I do find that they provide their own special blessing in that I seem to always spend time praying for he grieving person the card is being made for. I think for this reason I may never make sympathy cards in advance, except to sell to others. I will make mine as needed so as not to miss the time of prayer.
The birthday card I made last week, I actually made two of these cards just in different color-ways so that I could keep as sample. The other one I made for a very special person who shall remain nameless at this point in case she happens to log on to this sight and read it. She won't get her card for a week yet. Now I've probably given it away. I love the stamp set I used for this. Favorite Teddy Bear by Stampin Up. It has so many accessory items to go with the teddy bear that I think it will be used a lot!


No comments: