Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jr Leagal Pad Project


This is a sample of a line of gift items I am making for the quilt show boutique. I is a covered junior size legal pad. They are really fun to design and easy to make. This particular one uses handmade paper that has stitching on is. I thought that appropriate for a quilt show. I also used prima type flowers as embellishments. In order to make the cover stiff enough it is actually two layers of card stock. This way I can make my stamped and embellished cover and then essentially line it with a inner layer of cardstock that covers all the ribbon ends or brad and eyelet pieces. I use my Xyron machine to apply adhesive to the entire sheet of liner cardstock so everything is well attached and secure.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a good idea for a gift! As usual, you have given nice clear instructions too - love that. How are you going with your project to have enough money for a ticket to Wash DC by July? Trust it is going well!

I've had a bit of a break from work for a week as we get a little holiday over here at Easter time. I thought I'd get more paper crating done than I did, but oh well - can't work out a way to sleep and stamp at the same time!!

Bye for now :-D