Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FROSTED FILTER PROJECTS





Here are my two cards made with my frosted filters. One of the things I really like about the frosted filters is that they look so much like handmade papers. And I love handmade papers. The Christmas card is my favorite. I love the Silent Night SU stamp set and was very sorry that they retired it, but I am glad that I can still use it for my personal projects. I just can't demo it. I also love the liquid applique that they had two Christmases ago. It makes such fun snow. On this card for added sparkle I also used yellow stickles for the windows, dazzling diamonds for snow falling in the church and embossed iridescent ice snow flakes on the blue background piece. The groovy guava card uses the stem silhouettes stamp set from this years Holiday Mini catalog. I used my marvelous markers on the stems stamp and spritzed it then stamped onto watercolor paper.

So this is what learning a new technique turned into. Once again thank-you Thinker for suggesting this technique. It is one I hope to remember and use often. WHy don't you give it a try also. It's easy and fun though a bit messy. If you don't like colored finger tips use plastic gloves!

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Your cards are awesome!!

kerianne said...

Umm, having comment issues, lol. Great card...love that technique...will have to try it someday!

Beth said...

Gorgeous!! Those cards are absolutely stunning. As for the colored fingers - they would be a great conversation starter.
;-)
Hey, it's not Easter, why the colored fingers? Well, let me tell you about this really cool stamping technique.....

Lee said...

Absolutely and postively STUNNING!!!! I am sooooooo gonna try this technique!!!