Tuesday, October 30, 2007

FROSTED FILTERS





Here are four samples of the frosted filters I did in playing with this fun new technique. I did six different samples. These are the four that I haven't turned into cards yet. I'm not sure what my favorite one is but I lean toward the blues. These are my favorite colors as they are so peaceful. I still need for work on this technique. I would like to get some really soft colors that are very very subtle. So far mine are quite bold. Some are more muted than others but they are still fairly dark. The trick is that the more water added to thin out the color the more the colors blend together and I end up with muddy colors. The next post will have the two frosted filters I used and the cards I made with them.

1 comment:

Beth said...

These are all beautiful! The blues are certainly peaceful, but the yellow/coral one makes me think of a sunset. I must try this technique - TFS!