Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Two more cards completed. One of course is a sympathy card. I very much enjoy making cards, but I would much prefer to always be making some sort of congratulatory card rather than always these. But hopefully the ones I do make and send at least bring a moment of comfort to those who receive them. You may notice on the Sympathy card that there are a total of 4 eyelets used. Do you like it? See that interesting way of lacing the cording through the eyelets.......(confession time)....I used my crop-a-dile to punch the wholes for what was to be a single set of eyelets. I thought I was being very careful, but evidently I wasn't being careful enough. They were very crooked. Hmmmmm....that was not going to work....what to do. Through out the card front and start again? Of course not! I have learned from my years of crafting that with a little creative thought there are very few mistakes that are totally uncorrectable. (This now becomes a lesson in creative problem solving). The solution for me here was to add two more eyelets each of which was directly across from one of the crooked ones so I now had a pair of eyelets on each side of the card. Then a little creative lacing and...well I anyway was happy with the result. As a side note I had made several other sympathy cards as our church administrative assistant wanted to purchase one and guess which of the four she choose.....yup....this solution to a mess really did work. This was the one she choose.
The other card here is showing the use of another one of my frosted filters as a background. I wanted to see what would happen if I embossed on the filter and this is what resulted. The right and left borders are what are embossed. I really like using craft ink and clear embossing powder. I find it much nicer than having many jars of different colored embossing powders. And colors that really don't match the SU colors. By using SU craft inks I aleways have a perfect match or a well coordinatied color scheme.
at 10:07 PM