Monday, August 25, 2008

CELBRATE A CHALLENGE!

Did you know that Shelli...the Stampin' Up Shelli has her own BLOG now? If not you need to check it out. It's called So Shelli and it's not just for SU demonstrators. She just started BLOGing after the SU convention so she is still new at it, but there are some wonderful pictures from her recent trip to Australia. She got to hold a cute Koala. Though I hear they can be mean...Susan tell us more about Koalas.....

Also Shelli has a Creative Challenge that she has given out to her readers. You can find the info on it here. But don't wait too long to check it out if you are interested. Submissions are due by Aug 30. In honor of SU's 2008 convention theme which was Celebrate 2008 the challenge in short is to make a project with the word celebrate on it. Post your project on the internet, a BLOG or a gallery and then comment on the challenge BLOG posting with a link to your project.

Since this weekend was a big stamping weekend and since I didn't get to celebrate at convention this year I thought I would make one of my VSN cards using the word Celebrate and join in with Shelli's Celebration Challenge.

So here is my card. It was made for the Color Purple challenge on SCS and I actually think it is all SU (Though being so is not a requirement for Shelli's challenge.) Thought the stamp set and ribbon I used are both retired. Send a Celebration is the stamp set and it is one of my favorites. I love it and use it probably the most of any of my sets. It's just so fun.

The card didn't scan perfectly. For some reason the card stock layered under the green always scans blue when it is actually Lovely Lilac. It blends together much nicer in real life. You will just have to take my word for it.

Thank you Shelli for the opportunity to use this set again.

2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!!! Awesome color combo! I am off to check out Shelli's new blog! :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Thanks for the info about Shelli having a blog! Nice challenge too. And yes, koalas are wild animals and can be unpredictable, but in petting zoos they are pretty placid creatures!