Saturday, June 09, 2007

Busy Morning in Stamp Room



A morning spent in my stamping room; partly out of necessity of needing graduation cards and partly as part of SCS Flybaby June Craft Challenge.

The craft challenge is to use a kit of paper craft items and create as many things out of it as possible. The kit included 2 12x12 card stock sheets, about 6 double sided designer paper sheets and a variety of embellishments. The embellishment pack included ribbons, brads, buttons and ordinary office paper clips.

So far I have created 5 cards (of which these are three), covered a chip board 6x6 inch photo album, decorated a Starbucks Frappachino bottle and put together 2 12x12 scrapbook photo page layouts. Oh, I also altered a photo frame which came in the kit.

This has been fun and interesting. When I began the project I found that I was having a hard time using the items in the kit effectively and was relying heavily on my stamp sets and card stock to make the cards. The "Memories" card is an example of this. The items from the kit are the ribbon and the rhinestone brad in the middle of the flower. My second attempt was the aqua graduation card. Here I used three buttons and some of the designer paper. As I work longer with the kit I got better at focusing on the items in the kit and not my own card stock. The baby card is an example of this. Here I used the designer paper as the card front background along with ribbon and a button from the kit.

I am really having fun with this. It really does stretch your comfort zone when you have to use items chosen by someone else to make projects. In another post I will show some of the non-card items I've made.

No comments: