Thursday, June 14, 2007





Here are the final three items I altered with the June craft kit. I also made 3 12x12 scrapbook page layouts which will e used in my Family Cruise album and a total of 15 cards. This has been such fun and such a challenge. I have learned quite a bit about myself during this challenge. When I first received the kit there were many things in it I did not really like. First off these are not colors I would naturally chose to work with. Also I don't particularly like working with stripes ( I don't like striped fabric either!), Then there was this ribbon, all I can say is YUK! (That was one part of the kit I never did work with well. I only used it on one card). Also I wasn't sure about the alpa stickers and had never used giant paper clips on anything.

So what did I learn? I learned that with some perseverance and an open mind, I can create with items I am not originally fond of and for the most part I can be very happy with the results. (I did create a few items I am not particularly happy with, but I also learned that is okay.) I also discovered you can do A LOT with a relatively small set of supplies that do coordinate. During this challenge because I was working with the same papers and embellishments so much I tried several new techniques to try and spice things up a bit when I got tired of looking at the same stuff over and over again. So that was good. I covered my first chip board pieces, I created a glittered background, I finally used my punch for spiral notebook holes (I forget it's real name) and much more. Most importantly I learned that my hyper-focusing addictive personality trait is still alive and well. This is not necessarily a good thing....I kept working in these even when I knew I should be doing other things. But it was so much fun and I now declare this project officially done! Now maybe I can finish the card for our niece's wedding.......

No comments: