Sunday, June 15, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS.......

Before I let you all know the winner of my little contest I will show you a few more pictures. The first is a clue that will let you know if you guessed right or not. Most of you did figure it out based on earlier comments I made on SCS FLYBaby thread about my making a trip to an Offray Ribbon outlet. We did go on Thursday of last week. It was better than I even imagined! It was kind of funny in that I went up there with a group of quilters and they were not all that excited about going to the ribbon outlet, but had to humor me as I was the driver! I think we spent the longest amount of time there than we did ant any of our other three; not counting our lunch stop that is.

There was every type of ribbon imaginable sewing types, package wrapping ones and bins of paper crafting ribbons and felt embellishments! It was heaven............so the picture in the previous post was indeed spools of ribbon. Huge spools of ribbon, 1/4" grosgrain to be exact! Each of those spools measures about 7 inches across and the cost......drum roll please.....$5.00 each!

Now of course since we had driven 45 minutes and got ourselves quite turned and twisted around (okay LOST) trying to find the outlet I had to make my trip worth while. (Everyone nod in agreement please.) So I picked up a few other things.

Lets see....four smaller spools of ribbon; four plastic bags stuffed with odds and ends of assorted ribbons; somewhere around 10 prepackaged bags of ribbons specific to paper crafting; 10 packages of small crocheted flowers; 30 packages of small felt flowers; and a few other other odds and ends. Here is a picture of my stash spread out on my craft room floor. Do you like it? Doesn't really matter because I sure do and it all cost me









........................................................................$30.00. Yep that's all. So back to the winner, the name was drawn randomly by DH who doesn't know any of you from Adam! And the winner is Diane from MN and mom of 5!!!!!!!! What will see get???? She will get to share in my goodies from the ribbon outlet of course! You certainly don't think I can use all of this do you????

Congratulations Diane. I hope you will enjoy your ribbons and flowers. I will try and get them in the mail before I leave for KC Friday.

7 comments:

kerianne said...

Oh my goodness I love those crocheted flowers...I want some of dem...wonder where I can find them online or around here...can u bring them to KC for me to touch and love and look at more closely, lol.

Christi said...

Congratulations to Diane!

Suzanne ~ Wow! What wonderful goodies you found at the Ribbon Outlet! That sounds like a fun place to shop!

Christi D.

Diane said...

WOW! Thanks sooooo much! I NEVER win anything so this is a real treat. I would say you could bring my prize to KC and give it to my MN friend that will be attending, but after hearing other's comments, it might not make it here! lol


Thanks again! I can't wait to see what I won. I promise to enjoy it ALL!!!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Congratulations, to Suzanne, on finding such marvellous bargains, and to Diane for winning a share in them!

Thanks for the stories too Suzanne. It sounds like you had a lot of fun acquiring these goodies!

Lee said...

Congrats Diane!! Oh wow Suzanne.........I'm soooooooooooo gonna shop there someday!! I read about that place by a couple other stampers on SCS too.....and would probably spend waaaaaaaaay longer than you did there!!! I'll pick up a few Flybabies along the way and we may just clean them out!!! LOL

Christi Flores said...

Congrats Diane!! Awesome Suzanne!! I can't wait to see what you do with your goodies!!

Judy Rozema said...

I wish I could go to one of those stores! Sounds like fun!! Your stash looks delightful!