Saturday, June 07, 2008

HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY

Todays card is actually one I dod a while back but never posted here. It is a new technique for me and one that I now love. I is embossing on water color paper and then watercoloring the image inside of the embossed lines. I also used the masking technique to get the greenery behind the flower.

The set I used was Stampin' Up's Embrace Life I love these images. I stamped it in Gold Encore ink and embossed using Gold Detail powder. I had to think how to mask and emboss on the same images. What I ended up doing was stamping and embossing the flower. Then making a mask of it and covering the embossed image. I then stamped the greenery removed the mask and then embossed the leaves being careful not to over heat the original embossing.

I used my watercolor crayons and an aqua painter to do the watercoloring. Finally I distressed the edges of the water color paper. I just love that look and use it often when I am using water color paper.

I wanted to use a fair amount of gold on this card as it was made for some good friends 50th Wedding Anniversary so I embossed the Happy Anniversary sentiment in gold and also used Brushed Gold card stock and gold organdy ribbon held in place with a gold brad.

All in all I liked the effect of this card.

4 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

It's beautiful Suzanne!!! With just the right touches of gold for that special anniversary!! I've got to dig out my WC paper and try this!!!

Susan said...

This is a lovely technique, I have used both a couple of times and you get such a beautful effect. Hope they have a terrificly special aniversary!

Christi said...

This is really beautiful Suzanne!

LadyDoc said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!