Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A GOLDEN GET WELL

Here is another card that I made using items from the winter craft kit. The reds make it a lot different from the blues and purples I've been using.

It is a card I also made for SCS's sketch challenge 208.

The gold and black I think really complement the burgundy red of the designer paper. I once again got to use my new "nesties" and also my old friend tag punch. I am totally hooked on the nestability dies and hope to some how come up with some "fun" money that I can use to get some new sets in different shapes. I have a few sets that I know would work wonderfully with either the square or rectangle set.

Back to this card.....I used brushed gold card stock to back the black circle. It's a very heavy card stock, but my cuttlebug and the "nesties" handled cutting it just fine. The tag was embossed using a gold encore pad to stamp the image and then detail gold embossing powder. I also used the encore gold pad to stamp the snowflakes on the background card base, but did not emboss them.

Well that's it for today,s card....tomorrow I have a very sparkly project to show you. Not a card that is at all in my "comfort zone", but one that I do really like.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Suzanne....I love the red and gold with the pop of black!!! Just so elegant!