Thursday, January 29, 2009

THIRD TIME IS A CHARM!

I finally got it right. That is my challenge card for the Belli Challenge of the week; CBC52 . This card has all five ingredients for my "cake".....no more no less!
There is...
  1. Sugar: designer paper (hard to see in this photo but it is the layer my little quilt is places on and the layer my tag is placed on. Not much but it's there!)
  2. Butter: vellum
  3. Eggs: scallops (The border on the vellum)
  4. Vanilla: ribbon
  5. Cocoa Powder: hardware ( the metal buckle the ribbon is going through)


This card really did not photograph well. Its much prettier in real life. I must say however though it meets all the requirement for the challenge and the other two don't. Of the three this is my least favorite card. Oh well! I guess that's life in my stamping room! I need to once again give credit to Papertrey Inks for my wonderful little quilt blocks. They are from their Quilter's Sampler set. The rest of the materials except for the flowers are from Stamping Up.

I have one more card that I've made using my quilt blocks. It is one that came out of my head. My most common way to make cards is I start with a stamp set I want to use and go from there. They just seem to spring up on their own. Not a whole lot of pre-planning other than the kind of card I'm making; birthday, get well, sympathy etc.....I will explain the process I often use in "birthing " a card in my next post. Till then...bye bye!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Suzanne....I love ALL your "cakes" you made!!! The scalloped vellum is sooo pretty!!! I can't wait to see more Quilt Creations!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable Suzanne! I love the buckle on the ribbon and that adorable tag! Thank you again for playing along! :)

Beth said...

This is gorgeous in blue! I smile when I see your quilt cards-hopefully I'll get to see your "real" quilts someday! Note to self: must try CBing vellum - lovely!

Danita said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love those quilt blocks!!! Great job on this challenge and thank you for playing in the Belli Challenge!!!

Holly said...

How gorgeous! I love how you did the scallops on the vellum! I picked the vellum too, and boy was that hard to figure out. LOL