Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two original Designs


Well, I accomplished what I set out to do today. I came up with two original designs using the stamp sets and colors from last night. AND I figured out how I could put the copyright information on the face of the cards. There may be an easier or better way, but I came up with my way and it worked! I am so proud of myself. Didn't even need DH's help in figuring out how to do it.

Of these two cards my favorite is the Heartfelt one. I don't like the look of blank card stock especially white or off white so I sponged it with Always Artichoke. It's really been fun coming up with ides using a limited set of materials. I have a few more ideas for this set that I am working on. After those I think I will be more than ready to move on to something else.

Tonight is my last night as a "single woman". Husband returns from Miami trip tomorrow night. It will be nice having him home. Even with son in house it still is pretty quiet, but I probably won't get as much free time to stamp though, so it's been fun. Also some time soon I need to get back to my sewing room and do some quilting, then also there is that good book I haven't touched for a while.....gee wouldn't life be grand if only I didn't have to work during the day. Of course then I would have no money to spend on my craft addictions. I had hoped to support my stamping up habit with being a demonstrator, but that hasn't happened yet.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Hi Suzanne
Thanks so much for your good wishes and for the ideas - am downloading the video demo now and can tell I will look further into the site you receommended! Your designs turned out very nicely - I am so new to stamping I am hungry for technique tips and ideas, so will enjoy coming back to see what else you are doing :-)
Yes, replying on a Blog is sometimes a bit mysterious. I decided to reply to you on your as I think you will look there more often rather than at my blog. I just clicked on your name and then went to your blog from your information page, then clicked on '0 comments' to find a window to reply to you. Now I have saved your blog in my favourites so I can find you in one step.
Enjoy having your husband home - how wonderful to be looking forward to a reunion!
Susan