Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Technique For Me


This is a card that I made for my Father-in-laws birthday. I CASED the idea from SCS stamper "gadget19". I love the Natural Beauty stamp set and was very sad when SU decided to retire it. I can't demo it anymore, but I can still use it. In creating this card I tried a technique that I had read about on SCS and have wanted to try. It is a Tile technique. I really like it. What I did was create a 3x4.5inch collage background. I used stampin' spots in a direct to paper technique and then stamped the dogwood and butterfly stamp from Natural Beauty. Then I cut the piece into 1.5 inch squares. This is where the fun begins. "smushed" each square image side down onto a versamark pad making sure it was well inked, then covered it with clear embossing powder, and heated. This gave the paper squares a ceramic look to them. "Gadget19" on her card placed the squares on the dark background in a random order. For mine I kept everything the way it was originally stamped. The spaces between the squares are about 1/8".

I really like this technique. Not only does it look like a piece of ceramic tile, but I think it could be done in a way that it would look like stained glass. I hope to use it again on another card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that card!! I'll have to CASE yours!!