Tuesday, April 22, 2008

DEALING WITH THE IMPORTANT THINGS!

I finally cut and worked with my What's In Your Tin stamp sets that I purchased from GinaK at the end of last month. These were so fun to make.

I altered some old Altoid tins using cards stock, designer papers, ribbons and various other embellishments. This was a project for which I was very happy that I have a Xyron machine to coat the entire back of the paper with adhesive so things would stick down well. No curled edges at all. I used sticky strip to adhere the ribbons to the sides of the tins. At the last moment I decided to also cover the bottom of the tins to cover up the nutritional and ingredient labeling for the Altoids.

I am very pleased with how these turned out. Of course the best part, the "essential" part is on the inside. Five lovely little Hershey Special Dark Nuggets with Almonds! Yummy!!!!! I placed the nuggets in a small cellophane bag, folded the edge to the back and placed a small piece of sticky strip on the bottom of the tin to hold things in place. I thought this made for a more finished presentation then just loose nuggets.

I've used up all my nuggets so now I think I want to alter some more tins this time as "Tooth Fairy" tins. I'd like to do some mini sewing kit tins, but I don't have any supplies to put in them so that project will wait for next year. Or maybe the Christmas boutique.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay Suzanne!! You got to make some Tins!!! They're awesome!!!! And of course chocolate is a MAJOR essential!!! LOL Thanks for the Xyron tip...how come I didn't think to do that???? I only have the little bitty one right now....but I bet it's big enough! I'll have to try it!!

Janine said...

Fabulous tins!! I live in London, Ontario and work at Stamp Art, one of the local stamp stores.

Love the stamp that you got from the Artful Stamper

Christi Flores said...

Awesome Suzanne!! I am still petrified to alter anything but you do inspire me!! :)

Diane Noble said...

Love the little tins...and what a great survival tip! Oh, yes...I could do some severe chocolate right now!!

What a great little altered gift. Love it!

Lizette said...

Wow ! You made these tins look fantastic !

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I LOVE these!! They turned out so perfectly! Chocolates are one of my essential fods. I am going to get that stamp set one day. The only thing stopping me is that there are no Altoids in Australia. So I would have to order tins to alter as well. I know Melanie shows us how to use the stamps other ways too. Oh well - when I am rich and famous I'll own EVERYTHING - Ha!

Beth said...

These are GREAT! Love the different looks!
Mmmmmm...chocolate.....