Sunday, April 13, 2008

SPRING & SHEETLOAD

A card celebrating spring.

This is another card made using a template for cutting found on SheetLoad of Cards. Is was the January issue of the e-zine.

I had to make cards for a Spring Floral swap in SCS with my FLYBaby stamping friends. I really had fun making these. Since the basic layout and sizes to cut were all planned out for me it left me free to use my time coming up with techniques and other design elements to use. I came up with a lot to use.

I embossed the purple card stock using my cuttlebug. I rolled the green cardstock with my rough edges jumbo wheel, dug out my retired Botanicals set for the flower stamp that I then colored using my watercolor pencils and embossed around the colored image. and I used ribbon with the wonderful little ribbon slides.

I had planned to place the set of five layers (first layer being the purple floral DP) on a ivory 6x5 inch card base. When I laid it out I didn't really like the starkness of the ivory background so I sponged it with Perfect Plum classic ink. That was better, but know I felt that there was not enough definition between the DP layer and the sponged card. With 5 layers on the card already I really didn't want to add another so I tried outlining the glued down layer using the perfect plum marker. I simply ran the brush end of the marker right along the edge of the DP. I thought it worked pretty well.

The finishing touch on the card was stamping "happy birthday" on the DP in Elegant Eggplant craft ink and then embossing with clear embossing powder. I used the birthay sentiment from Brithday Whimsy. This was the final technique and element on the card. Now I need to get them to the PO tomorrow.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets--Botanicals, Birthday Whimsy (both SU retired)
Papers--Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, and Ivory CS, Retired SU DSDP Carte Postale coordinate?
Inks--Perfect Plum and Certainly Celery Classic, Elegant Eggplant Craft, Black Stazon
Accessories--Mellow Moss Gingham Checked Ribbon, Silver Ribbon Slide, Cuttlebug and embossing Folders, Perfect Plum Marker, Sponge, Ivory card and Envelope, Clear Detail Embossing Powder

5 comments:

Lee said...

Oooo.......very pretty!!! I love the sponging.....it sure does add so much dimension to cards!! Oh I've GOT to get my floral swap cards done!!!!!!!

Judy Rozema said...

So pretty!! The CSSC badge looks great!!

Christi Flores said...

Suzanne, this is gorgeous!! I love those colors!!

Beth said...

Sooo pretty! Great colors and layout!! Clearly I need to make the time to check out the Sheet Load of Cards info.

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Love that you were able to use my little eZine to help you in your swap! :)
Alicia