Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ANOTHER SYMPATHY CARD

I think in the past two years I have made more sympathy cards than any other genre of cards. And today I made another. This one goes to a family at our church. The matriarch of the family passed away last Friday. Ellen was 100 years old. Almost 101! She lived with her daughter and son in law who have taken care of her for years. It was not an unexpected death, but one that will still be mourned.

I used one of my favorite stamps from the set A Measure of Life. IT is a retired SU set, but it will not be retired from my collection. I love all the stamps in this set, but this one of the dragonfly with the verse from Ecclesiastes inscribed around it is the one I use the most. For a while it was a stamp that frustrated me as the verse was almost illegible. Then I discovered the black VersaFine ink pad and WOW what a difference in clarity.

The card stock and ribbon I used for this card are from my Spring Craft kit that is a Stampin' FLYBabies challenge. So is the ribbon. I used Stickles on the wings of the dragonfly to give them some irredentist glimmer. I tried to use Pearl-Ex and gave up. I've seen wonderful things done with Pearl-Ex but I can't get the stuff to work for me. Also to make the body of the dragonfly stand out a bit more I outlines it with colored pencil. The background of the card is my retired background stamp from SU French Script. This one will not be retiring from my use either. Since I don't yet have nestabilities I used my Mary punches for the oval and scalloped oval.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Suzanne.......it's wonderful!! I love the dragonfly and the coloring....just beautiful! I'm so sorry for the loss of your church family member.......wow, though.....100 years old!! Now that's an amazing life!!

Christi Flores said...

This is so beautiful! I am so sorry for the loss in your church family.