Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer Mini Set


I just love this stamp set! It's from the summer mini catalog and it's called Nature Prints.

The first card shows all 4 stamps in the set and uses the new "In Colors" that are only available from Stampin' Up in the 2006-07 Catalog. I just love the colors and they go very well with this stamp set. With this card I also used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to get the images placed where I wanted them. Boy I don't know how I lived with out this tool! It's absolutely WONDERFUL! I also used my new "cutter kit " to distress the edges of the layers. Love it as well, it will certainly give my finger nails a rest when it comes to distressing!

For the second card I used Pearl Ex on the fish stamp image. I chose to use Duo Red/Blue for this as it gives a nice
Iridescence like fish scales do. I used Canvas background stamp behind the fish, but some friends suggested Cheesecloth background stamp would be nice as it would look like a fishing net. I'll try that when I get that stamp.

Both of these cards where designed for possible Stampfest Projects. The card with the fish was chosen, but we will use the Cheesecloth stamp and a "Happy Birthday" stamp rather than "Celebrate" which some felt was an over used stamp. I used it because I had it. I wanted to try and do some cards that could be used for men. It seems like most everything we do with stamping is female oriented.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What beautiful cards! It would be fun to sit down and stamp with you, Suzanne. Too bad we're on opposite sides of the Pacific Ocean :-)