Thursday, March 13, 2008

ANOTHER IN THE COLORED IMAGE SERIES

Here is another card from my North Caroline set of colored images.

This was a very simple card to put together, but not so simple to color. It's an image from Impression Obsession Rubber Stamps. Being a quilter when I found this stamp while surfing on line stores I knew I had to have it. I am fairly happy with my first attempt at some serious water color painting. I still need some work on getting the shading and light sources correct, but I think that will take quite a bit of experimenting and practice.

I stamped the image with stazon black and colored it with Stampin' Up markers. Then I went over it with a damp watercoloring paint brush. Blending and removing colors as I went. I've done a few others also using slightly different color schemes in the quilt, but this is my favorite so far.

3 comments:

Lee said...

That's really awesome Suzanne!! So realistic looking and with an old-fashioned elegance!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Very nice indeed, Suzanne. Watercolouring can be such fun!

Diane Noble said...

Suzanne, this is beautiful. As in this-needs-to-be-in-a-frame beautiful! I love it. Love the hanging quilt and your detailed coloring there. Just gorgeous!