Friday, March 27, 2009

BELLI BOOKMARK

Belli Challenge #60 was to make a bookmark. The Design Team Projects were awesome! So many good ideas and new bookmark styles and techniques.

I love to read and I love bookmarks so this was a fun challenge for me. In fact I made four of them so I have some for gifts. This is my favorite of the four.

The base of the bookmark is a double sided designer paper from a marvelous pack I found at Costco a month ago. My Costco rebate check bought it for me (along with a whole basket of groceries). It is a gray background with brown collage design printed on it. I finally used some marvelous vintage style stamps I got from Clear Stamps about 3 years ago and never used.......oops! I stamped some images with Rose Red craft ink and embossed them with detail clear powder. I used the detail powder because I wanted some shine, but didn't want a lot of height to the embossing. Then I attached three Prima flowers in various pale pink shades. (The back of the book mark is a dusty rose color.)

I like my bookmarks to be laminated. They last longer this way and I don't need to worry so much if I get them wet with spilled coffee or tea or water. I don't have a machine that laminates but I use the self laminating pouches. this is actually why I made 4 bookmarks. That's how many I can fit on a page so everything seals well and I don't waste a lot of the laminating material. The laminate was trimmed down to 1/4. WARNING: If you laminate your bookmarks don't trim them right to the edge! The laminate sticks to itself NOT to the card stock so if you don't leave a edge of laminate everything falls apart!!!!!!!!!!

The final step was to use my Crop-i-dile and place a jumbo brad at the top of the bookmark and then loops a burgundy tassel through it. Normally tassels this full and nice can be pricey, but I found a bunch of them at a yard sale for less than 10 cents each. I think they finish off the bookmark nicely!

So that's my Belli Challenge for this week. I still have my Copic Colour Challenge card to do, but was waiting for my new Copic order from Korin it arrive and it came today!!!!!! I now have pretty new colors to play with and one of them I needed for the challenge. Tonight I am still dealing with my tooth ache so maybe tomorrow. IT'S SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lee said...

VERY pretty!! Great idea about laminating the bookmarks!! I gotta do that!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! I need to laminate my bookmarks...I use them so much they tend to get beat up. :)

Danita said...

Suzanne, I love you bookmark, its GORGEOUS!!! WOWOWOWOW, what pretty colors!!! I love the collage affect!!! Awesome job with this challenge and thanks for playing in the Creative Belli Challenge this week!!!

Danita

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful bookmark - this is stunning! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!