Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ONE FOR LEE!

My good CO stamping FLYbaby friend Lee sent me some images last month. Several of them were House Mousies, which I had requested. She does such wonderful things with these little critters and I so wanted to try and emulate her work.....They scare the bejezzus out of me because they are so detailed. BUT I bit the bullet and thanks to a wonderful video on StampTV by Gina K I went to work.

Out came my pencils and OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits). First I did some practice cards which where a bit simpler. One was a total CASE of the coloring that GinaK did in her lesson. I will post it here sometime, but for now you can see it in the gallery at StampTV. After mastering (or at least being happy with) my attempts at shading I pulled out all the stops and one of my House Mouse images. It was indeed a challenge. I needed to come up with the colors to use all on my very own.....What color is a Pansy (not being a gardener are those even pansies???? I think so.) And what coloring do mice have. Fortunately, I have not seen any real ones recently to know!

Here is what I ended up with........
I used a combination of Prismacolor pencils and Koh-i-noor Woodless Pencils. I love the range of colors Prismacolor has, but hate the way they constantly break when I sharpen them. I love the Kor-i-noor pencils they don't break and blend really nicely but there are limited colors. So I use them both and they work together just fine. I use the Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner because that is all I could find in a local store.

Lovely Lilac is the SU card stock I used and the Designer Paper is from Papertrey's 2008 Bitty Dot Basics. The brads are Antique Brass and the sentiment is from a Inkadinkadoo set.
I love the font used for it.


I am very happy with the end result. And I think I am ready and willing to pull out a few more of cute mousie images Lee sent.

Now TODAY is Wednesday and that is a day I love.....it's Belli Challenge Day and also Copic Color Challenge......and I have some swaps I need to do......so after work I sure hope I have the mojo and time to STAMP!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

WONDERFUL card!

Christi Flores said...

Awww!!! This is the sweetest!!

Lee said...

OMGosh Suzanne!!! Just WOW!!! I don't think you have ANYthing to be intimidated by with these mousies!! This card and your coloring.......soooo stunning!!!!! The shading, the flowers......just FAB--U--LOUS!!! You tell me anytime you want some more Mousies!!!!

Cindy said...

Wow- you should submit that one- it is beautiful.

Elaine said...

You did an excellent job coloring this image!

Hey, I was on the County fair site today looking up something and then I started browsing at the winners section. Did you win 1st place last year at the County Fair for stamping? I think it was you; Congrats!