Thursday, March 05, 2009

THIS WEEKS BELLI CHALLENGE #57

This weeks Belli Challenge was to use a color that we normally don't use and have a hard time with. For me that was easy. Unless challenged to do so....like here.....I rarely use yellows and oranges. So here is my card with both shades of yellow and orange.


I got to play with lots of toys while making this card. What fun!!!!!! The stamp set is a new one I just got from Gina K. Part of her Floral Frenzy kit she made available for her StampTV site. I colored it with pencils blended with odorless mineral spirits. I didn't want to do all the fussy cutting, but somehow I got color smudges on the white so needed to cut the off. The background I put through my cuttlebug and embossed and then sponged it with Really Rust ink to make the embossing stand out more.

The green layer was put through my cuttlebug and cut using a scalloped rectangle die. I then sponged it with Garden Green and pierced in each scallop. The layer of designer paper under it is from the Gina K Floral Frenzy kit. In real life it is more orange than yellow. This is all layered on more Garden green and then everything is attached to a More Mustard Card. Oh I forgot the ribbon is a yellow gold organdy. The sentiment is from the same Floral Frenzy stamp set.

IF you don't already know Chris has moved the Belli Challenges to their own BLOG. It is called the Creative Belli Blog. There is a blinky for it on my right hand side bar. You can click on it to go to the BLOG or on the link in this post.

I have had a busy and productive day stamping today so even if I don't get to stamp in the next few days I will have items to show here. So please do plan on returning. Also if you like. I would love to read any comment you might like to leave here. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you here again soon!

8 comments:

Ceal said...

This is Beautiful! Thanks for taking the Belli challenge this week!

Danita said...

You made the yellows and oranges look GREAT!!! I love all the layers and the cuttlebug b/g!!! Awesome image also!!! Thanks for taking the Belli Challenge this week!!!

Chrissy D said...

Suzanne, I rarely use these colors too - but you really made them look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING together! I love all of the elements on this card! Way to think outside of the box!

Holly said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job with these colors!!!!! I don't like orange either, but your card is so warm and wonderfully colored!

Shirley said...

This is just beautiful! I really like the colors and your layers too!

Christi Flores said...

Girl, for colors you don't like you totally rocked them!! This is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job on colors you don't like to use.

Lee said...

It's soo pretty Suzanne!!! I just got my kit and can't wait to play!!!