The challenge given in this weeks Belli Challenge was to use wheels. The original intent was to use standard or jumbo sized stamping wheels, but a number of the design team members didn't have any so the challenge was revised to be that you could also use a stamped image that had wheels on it. For full details of the challenge you can go to the Creative Belli Blog. It is challenge #59. You have until Tuesday night, March 24 to up load your challenge card.
Personally my only problem with the original wheel challenge was choosing which of my many wheels to use. I have plenty of both sizes and really do not use them very much at all. Not sure why.....I just don't. I chose to use my On Spot one because I saw some fun possibilities for making it the main focus of the card. Here is what I came up with..........
I started out by rolling the wheel on Mellow Moss card stock using a freshly inked Mellow Moss ink cartridge. Take a helpful hint from me....if you re-ink cartridges to use with your wheels let them set for a hour or so to let the ink really soak in before you use it. Suffice it to say if you use it right away you get a rather inky mess.........
Secondly I placed the designer paper on the side.
I wanted to really take advantage and highlight the different circles made with this wheel so I found some small circle motif stamps and stamped them within the circles using craft ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder...another hint, well really tip....I don't think I will buy anymore colored embossing powders other than metallics. by simply using clear powder over colored craft or pigment ink I can have what ever color I want with only having one container of powder. Also it means I can stamp a whole lot of different colored images to be embossed and use one powder and emboss them all at the same time!
My next step was to create a little dimension so I used my little lady bug and punched her out with a small I think 1/2 inch punch (it may have been 3/4"). I stamped her in Riding Hood Red Classic Ink and colored over the antenna with a fine tipped marker. I placed them over several of the circles popped up with SU dimensionals. Additional dimension was attained by puting the sentiment under a piece of HodgePodge Hardware for SU.
The final embellishments used were a length of ribbon, a flower and button brad and then a few little pearls. This all was put on the Mellow Moss panel and was then attached down on top of a card base. I don't like my ribbon ends or brad prongs to show so when I use them I almost always make sure and use them with a layer of cardstock that goes on top of the card base.
So that is my Belli Card for Challenge #59. Thanks for visiting and looking at it!