Thursday, August 31, 2006

Just a few more pictures

I couldn't figure out how to get these final pictures of quilts at the end of my last post so I had to make one more. The Walrus quilt is just another marvelous example of a pictorial quilt. It is done completely in fabric. The quilt with the circles was another surprising technique. Other than the background white fabric there is no other fabric in this quilt. Everything is painted! Unbelievable! It was also very heavily quilted around each of the motifs. Finally here I have a picture of a very traditional "Dear Jane" quilt. Just to show that yes there were traditional ones at the show. This one caught my attention because I have a "Dear Jane" quilt started. Will I ever finish it? I certainly hope so, those are all 4 inch square blocks and note there are lots of them! Color, fabrics, Creativity! Everything was found at this show and I loved it. Some day I hope to be able to attend another show of this magnitude.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Wow, Suzanne - it looks like you had a fabulous time and came away with lots of new ideas! Love the moth image - I have never seen quilts like the ones you show here. It's a whole 'nother art form, isn't it? Next July I will have to see if I can get some pictures of Australian quilts for you from the Show here, if you would like. There's a guild here that does quilts for public displays on demand. I'll keep my eyes peeled in case I see one before July...