Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nashville 2


Here are some views from the Gaylord Resort. It is definitely a beautiful place to stay and it is very relaxing. Not only are the gardens wonderful and the sound of the water calming, but there is very nice unimposing music in the background. I had to continually remind myself that I was indoors.

Now I must be truthful; the picture of the balconies are guest rooms, but they weren't where we stayed. Those are what I called the high rent district rooms. I will only ever stay in rooms with that type of a view in my dreams. Our room, though in the "low rent" district was very nice. Very spacious for the two of us and we did have a pleasant view out over an outdoor court yard. At least we weren't overlooking a parking lot. But we were in our room so little it really didn't matter.

Mary Moore and I did eat at the Cascades Restaurant which is shown here in a picture. We had a very tasty sushi appetizer
. The restaurants are very good and they really cover the complete range from Chic-Fillet to the very formal Old Hickory Steakhouse. We ate at neither of these; one too casual the other way to expensive. We did have a very good meal at Finnigan's which is an Irish Pub. I wanted to go to Jack Daniel's on Friday before our flight out but it didn't open in time.

Well so much for the hotel. If you want to know more about it click on Nashville 2 title. Next posting will be more about the show including some stamping ideas I came away with.

No comments: