Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nashville Trip Wrapped Up

This is the final installment on my trip to Nashville. The picture here is actually a quilt, but I can see a card image here as well. I really loved this. It's not necessarily something I would quilt, but it was so beautifully done that I spent a lot of time just looking at it and imagining how it what done. I will never quilt something like this, but I think I will play around with stamping techniques and come up with a card design.

Many of the quilts at this show were pictorial rather than what most people would consider "a quilt". The techniques used were amazing. I wish I had such creativity and talent. I did pick up a lot of ideas however and was greatly inspired to stretch what I do. This insiration was aided by several of the "make and take" workshops that Mary Moore and I took which taught us how to create appliques with man made fabrics and a heated stencil wand, how to paint on fabric and even how to create our own fabric using yarns and threads. Then also several vendors showed us how to color fabrics with crayons and embelish using crystals, which was something I learned about on one of the quilting cruises mom and I took. I wish I could spend most of my days just creating beautiful items like I saw on the trip.


No comments: