Monday, August 28, 2006

Nashville Trip



Well I am back from my trip to Nashville to see my quilt. For the next few posts this blog will deal more with my kwiltin than my stampin. Though I did pick up some stampin of fabric tips on this trip, but more on that later.

This was a wonderful trip in many aspects. Of course it goes without saying that it was a thrill to see my quilt hanging in a National Quilt Show. It was also very humbling as the quilting skill level and creativity represented by the quilts at this show was phenomenal! It was also wonderful to spend a few days with quilting friends and sharing this experience with them. Once again I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of quilters. Though most people I encountered on this trip were strangers to me they were all so friendly and willing to help with advice for seeing the show or hints on how to reproduce something we were looking at together.

Mary Moore, my travel companion for this trip, and I headed off on out adventure at 5:30am on Wednesday morning. We flew into Nashville via Southwest Airlines and were checked into our room at the Gaylord Opryland Resort by 10am. It was then off to explore the show for a few hours before the awards program. I must report that our guild did not receive an official placing award, but being there was reward enough for me. There were only 19 guilds from around the country that had quilts accepted for the Guild competion so I think we did very well.
The pictures at the beginning of this posting show our entry into the show, our group of four who attended the show and me with my quilt.

Its time for me to head off to work so more on the show and my experiences later. If you would like to view the winners of the competions at this show click onto the title if this blog posting. It will link you to the AQS web site where theyare posted. See ya later!


No comments: